Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Promethean Board

To all of you with Promethean iwbs, and those who will get one soon:

Maybe we should get together sometime to share our experiences? I am still learning a lot about how this fantastic tool can benefit my students. I want to know more about using Web 2.0 interactive tools, and also the possibility of using a graphics tablet.

The graphics tablet would allow a teacher to wander the classroom more, increasing student
participation. A student could be at the iwb, but another student could manipulate the board from their seat. They could then pass the tablet to others. This would facilitate more interaction among students. In my class we pass a cordless mouse this way. Thoughts?
This is a link with info.

6 comments:

  1. This is a reply a teacher form Australia made about this matter.
    http://tinyurl.com/yk8r9vl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction, he is from the U.K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will work on some funding for that. You might e-mail the others as I don't know if they follow the blog. I hope that you enjoyed the lecture by David Warlick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did. I heard some new ideas. Thanks for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dale,
    One reason we don't get much traffic on this blog is that other teachers probably don't have an rss feed set up. I use igoogle for my homepage, and I get a notification of a post that way. Maybe we could set this up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would we have to use a Promethean Activeslate, or could we use another brand? The Activslate is probably more expensive.

    ReplyDelete