Thursday, October 15, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to the newly opened Dawson Dragon blog. All of the teachers are listed as authors and I would like to add parents also. If any of you have parent e-mail addresses you would like to have me add send them to me and I will add them. I had intended to include the students also but we are limited to 100 authors so if they wish to participate they will need to use the parents log in. Hopefully this will be a useful forum to exchange ideas, ask question, receive information or whatever. Again welcome

7 comments:

  1. Let's talk this up, and try to get others to contribute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a good tool for us but it will only be as good as we make it. I brought alot of ideas back with me from Austin that I believe we can all benefit from. Quite a bit has been said against public education but I don't believe that most people realize what we are tasked with such as preparing our children to function in a society that has yet to be invented. One of the re-occurring themes I and probably everyone else has been hearing is teaching these kids to teach themselves (become life long learners) Most of them will have jobs that don't exist yet that will have requirements that we can't even imagine. Our only option is to teach kids how to find information and then sort the good from the bad so they can educate themselves in a meaningful manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way thanks Les and welcome aboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Price, I think this is a great tool to have. As technology grows everyday, I think is is to our advantage to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As some of you know today, Friday, October 16, I am technology challenged. Anyway, thank you Mr. Price for starting this blog that I think will be fun, informative, and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I'm very proud of our school - I think we have one of the best around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you all here. The more we have participate the more ideas we have to share. If you have parents that you would like to invite to the blog feel free.

    ReplyDelete